Please download our Tuition and Fees document here.
The Montessori School of Oakton has an open enrollment policy and accepts children from 3 to 12 years of age. Children who cannot be accommodated immediately may be placed on a waiting list for enrollment as openings occur. Enrollment priority is given to families committed to completing each three year developmental cycle.
PRIMARY HALF DAY:
The Montessori Primary classroom is designed for children who are 3 through 6. To be eligible for September enrollment, children must be toilet trained and turn 3 by September 30. January enrollment will be considered if space is available. To be eligible for January enrollment children must be toilet trained and turn 3 by the date of entry.
The Primary II program is for children who are “five going on six”. For most this is their third year in the Montessori classroom; for all it is the culmination of the Montessori Primary experience. To be eligible for enrollment children must turn five by September 30th.
The Montessori Elementary class is designed for children from 6 through 12 years of age. Requirements for enrollment in the elementary class:
- Age 6 by September 30th
- Montessori Primary experience
- Recommendation of teacher
ALL DAY MONTESSORI/”ENCORE”
The following extended hours are also available:
- Early Morning – 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
- Primary I (three and four yr olds) – 12:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Primary I (three and four yr. olds) – 12:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Primary II (five and six yr. olds) – 3:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Elementary – 3:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Parents should observe the school in operation before beginning the enrollment process. An appointment can be made to visit the school by calling the office at 703 715-0611.
- Submit a completed application with the $40.00 application fee.
- The school will then arrange a mutually convenient time for the child’s interview. The interview, conducted by a teacher, will acquaint the child with the Montessori classroom
- The school will advise you by letter, whether or not your child has been accepted.
- The letter of acceptance will contain a tuition agreement, describing the terms of annual enrollment. The agreement must be completed and returned within ten days, accompanied by a $500 deposit, which is non-refundable, but is applied to the tuition.
- Receipt of the tuition agreement and deposit will reserve a space in the school for your child, and completes the enrollment process.
Currently enrolled families are offered 30 days of enrollment priority, beginning in early January. Placement of new applicants begins in February, following the enrollment priority period.
Class placements are made by the Montessori School of Oakton staff, with every effort to maintain the balance within the classrooms with respect to age and sex of the children.